Sign up for our Newsletter & Special E-Mail Offers!
General Wellness Tips and Weight Loss
Written by: Barry DeHart (09/02/04)
- Boost your metabolism. Exercise daily. Just 15 to 20 minutes of brisk walking will increase your heartrate and elevate endorphins. Also, regular weight training will help prevent bone loss and heart disease.
- Drink green tea. Itís full of antioxidants and will fill you up.Green Tea Diet from Applied Nutrition is also a great alternative. It can also help prevent buildup of LDL (bad) cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Green tea possesses anti-inflammatory properties and has a natural fat-burner.
- Use flaxseed oil.Health From The Sun Liquid Gold has a great product Take 1 to 2 tablespoons a day. This important source of Omega-3 fatty acids aids with memory, moods and dry skin. You can also buy the seeds and grind them yourself. They go great in yogurt. Donít exceed the dosage for the flaxseed oil. Start out with 1 tablespoon and work up to 2 tablespoons.
- Take your B-vitamins. Theyíre important for metabolism and energy.
- Decrease your appetite by filling up on high-fiber foods. I munch on broccoli, carrots and apples. This is a great way to lower cholesterol and promote bowel health.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of bottled water daily. This cleanses organs and rids your body of excess sodium.
- Donít consume many microwaved foods. The cooking process kills enzymes in foods. (But cooking also kills dangerous bacteria, so be sure to cook your meats and poultry and reheat leftovers.)
- When choosing fish, opt for salmon. Itís rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, so itís great for your skin and your HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Alternate your cardio. You will use different muscle groups and not feel bored with the same routines.
- Supplement with CoQ10. Every cell in your body needs it to function. It also fights free radicals.
- Stay away from products that promise quick fixes.
- Eat plenty of garlic and onions. They help lower cholesterol and improve circulation.
- Before your work out, fuel up! I usually eat a banana and a protein shake like Muscle Milk and Ventilean Gel Caps or Ventilean Liquid.
- Wear your sunscreen every day. If you would like some color, try the new self-tanning products.
- Supplement your diet with vitamins. Take them with your largest meal. Vitamins interact better with food, like Super Vitaboost
- Get in the habit of not eating butter with your bread. Instead, try olive oil with herbs like chopped garlic and fresh basil along with balsamic vinegar.
- When you do indulge, donít feel guilty. Enjoy every bite and try to do your cardio a bit longer, then restrict your intake the following day. I also drink lots of water because my weakness is something sweet and I want to rid my body of the preservatives.
Copyright © 2006-2015, Barry My Supplement Guy, LLC | 1-732-851-7727 | All Rights Reserved